I would like to take this opportunity to share some information with you about our school health services.
- Illness: Please remember, if your child is sent home with fever, vomiting, diarrhea or other contagious illness, he/she needs to be free of symptoms for 24 hours without the use of medication before returning to school. If your child has been prescribed antibiotics, he/she must receive them for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
- Potty accidents at school: It is a great idea to keep an extra set of clothing at school in your child’s locker at all times. Accidents do happen occasionally with our students, especially with the younger ones.
- Lice: If a child is found to have LIVE head lice, the parent will be notified and given instructions for treatment. All students identified with live lice will be sent home at the end of the school day after contacting parents by phone. They should not be excluded from school. The student’s hair must be checked by the school nurse before the student can return to class.
- Screenings: Vision and Hearing screenings are performed on Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd and 5th grades and all students new to Texas schools. Spinal screenings will be performed on all 5th grade girls.
- Immunizations: If you receive a letter, please try to get your child’s updated immunization record to the clinic as soon as possible. If the updated record is not received on or before the recommended date on the letter, your child will be excluded from school.
- Updates on health & emergency information: If your child’s medical condition changes during the school year or if your home, work or cell number changes, please notify the school in writing.
- Parent communication: If you receive a call from the nurse office, we will leave a message to please call nurse office or a detailed message. We will identify ourselves and leave the school number.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or come by the clinic at any time.
Nurse's Corner does not contain medical advice. The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images and other material are intended for informational and educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The contents of this website are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your physician for personalized medical advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition.