There are two School Counselors at Clements/Parsons Elementary. Kevin Wilburn is housed on the Clements' side and I am housed on the Parsons' side, however we work collaboratively on providing appropriate services and support to all students kindergarten through 5th grade!
What do the counselors do?
- We provide Guidance Lessons to students kindergarten through 5th grade. (developed using the TEA guidelines for elementary guidance curriculum)
- We provide Small Group Guidance/Counseling
- We provide Individual Guidance/Counseling
- We serve as the Section 504 Coordinators for the campus
- We serve as the Coordinators for Behavior RtI
- We coordinate and develop Red Ribbon Week Activities as well as Career Day
- We work with the Gifted Education Program and conduct testing
- We review Student Records
- We work closely with the Administrative team in providing a safe and nurturing environment while providing a high quality education